Newbie in Madison, WI area!

5 Replies

Hello there! My name is Matthew and I am fairly new to bigger pockets. I have been reading up on my investing books at night and listening to my audio books during my second job as a contacted cleaner. My day job is working for a real estate title company in the Madison, WI area. I am new at the title company and plan to learn as much as possible. Though I stay busy with both occupations my real goal is to become a successful investor. I know this will never happen until I do something about it. My goal is to have a single family property within a years time. So if there are any investors in the Madison area(or anywhere), who are willing to share and advice or experiences please reach out. I would love to talk and build relationships!

Hey Matthew! I can read your excitement about real estate. I think it is pretty neat your occupation involves a step in that process. Who knows, you could maybe run into other investors there.

I work in retail and it is a little more difficult to run into investors there. I recently purchased a duplex in the Madison area and am very excited about the opportunities it has given me so far.

There is no wrong way to start investing. May I ask why you want to focus on SFHs? It definitely depends on your goal, but you may want to check out multifamily homes as well. They may get you to your goal faster.

Matt

Welcome and good luck. There are many great folks and information on this site. Also, you will find the numbers tough but people nice in the Madison investing scene.

Cheers,

Paul

Originally posted by @Matthew Winters :
Hello there! My name is Matthew and I am fairly new to bigger pockets. I have been reading up on my investing books at night and listening to my audio books during my second job as a contacted cleaner. My day job is working for a real estate title company in the Madison, WI area. I am new at the title company and plan to learn as much as possible. Though I stay busy with both occupations my real goal is to become a successful investor. I know this will never happen until I do something about it. My goal is to have a single family property within a years time. So if there are any investors in the Madison area(or anywhere), who are willing to share and advice or experiences please reach out. I would love to talk and build relationships!

Hello and welcome!

This is really a great place to get started! Best of luck to you.

Thank you all for your replies! Matt, I feel better starting out with sfh because of the idea of starting out with one tenant appeals to me. At least for now. I would still consider a duplex as well. Did you start with multi family?

That is a good answer in my opinion. The just getting started part is key. My first purchase was a duplex, but I am house hacking so I only have to deal with one tenant so I see your point. I am hoping to find a 4 plex soon and then house hack that.

You know with two tenants you could just learn how to work with them twice as fast :) Actually, you probably know how to work with them already if you have listened to all the BP podcasts.

Great job writing on the forums!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here