Getting started in Seattle real estate investing

3 Replies | Seattle, Washington

Hello all, 

I’ve been in Seattle the past 3 years renting, recently started working with a real estate agent on buying a place to live , but as I did more research wasn’t sure if it was the right move. Started thinking more about investing first and buying later. Looking to meet real estate investors, learn a lot, and possibly make some deals.

Fantastic Michael.

I got started last year - have made a few deals happen and also bought my first primary home earlier this year.

Would be happy to chat whenever! Feel free to PM me.

Best,

Dylan

Michael,

Welcome (belated) to the neighborhood!  I own my primary home here and rent out a single family as well.  I am actually looking to sell the rental this month and buy multifamily with proceeds, probably out of state. It is in South Everett, North Lynnwood area.  While it is a single family (built 2005) you could rent 2 of the rooms out and keep one for yourself. Market rent on the whole place is $2200-2300/mo.   

Get to an REI Meetup! They are a great place to learn from those who are doing it. Even if you just start asking about what they are up to and listen you will be in such a great place. If you know what you want to do then start sharing that at the meetings. You may come across some great opportunities.