• Real Estate Broker
  • Tacoma, WA
Votes |
First House Buy, Looking to House Hack

Dylan Petersen
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tacoma, WA
Posted Aug 7 2019, 17:20

Hey, my name is Dylan, been reading the forums here for a while but haven't really posted. I was about to close on a house with an ADU and rent it out while living in it, but as things progress it seems like the deal is turning out to be not so great. After inspection, I asked for a few repairs or a price reduction, and they gave me a very small reduction in price after asking for a "verbal agreement" for something closer to my request. So, what was offered to me on paper was not what was verbally discussed and Im starting to think my best bet is to walk away from this one.

That’s some back story, now here is what I’m looking for help for. I have seen a few duplexes in bundle deals. Is there a way I can reach out to the seller and see if they will sell just one of the duplexes? 

Also, I’m looking for a good real estate agent in the area, hoping to find one who has an investor like mindset this time. Also, open to lenders. I have been approved through three that I have tried, but I’m not sure if I’m getting the best deals. Thanks for any help.

Loading replies...