Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
Hey Seattle BPers - I've got a challenge for you: pull out your crystal ball, your data sets, and your intuition and predict the highest appreciation Seattle neighborhood in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
Winner gets something. Maybe a trophy. We'll see.
My calls:
2020: North Beacon Hill. Legitimately the best neighborhood in South Seattle (sit down Columbia City). After taking the crown in 2017 (18% appreciation!) North Beacon Hill is due for another big year
(Or maybe Greenlake- all the benefits of the new Ravenna-Roosevelt lightrail station opening in 2021, without having to live in Ravenna-Roosevelt.)
2021: North Delridge. A hidden gem of a West Seattle neighborhood, with great bus and bike access to downtown. Lightrail is coming in 2031, which will be cool if we're still alive then I guess.
2022: Judkins Park. With light rail opening in 2023 and Vulcan's 23rd and Jackson project celebrating its 2nd birthday, the neighborhood will start blowing up. Who knows, maybe we'll even get some of those those fancy ice cream shops like North Seattle has.
Real Estate Broker · Poulsbo, WA · Member since 2018 · 121 posts · 66 votes
6y
As Seattle expands...I'm putting money on Kitsap County. :-) But, I may be biased. At any rate, the ferry commute is more pleasant than being stuck in traffic. There are occasional orcas, coffee, and beer. The fast ferries from Kingston and Bremerton get you to downtown Seattle in < 40 minutes, and you can work while you go. Also, can find a decent ~1,000 sf house in Bremerton around $250-300k, in Poulsbo for $350-400k, and in the middle of those in Kingston. Also, waterfront < $1M. I'm just sayin...
Also, more chill lifestyle than being in the city. And (almost) no traffic.
Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 87 posts · 39 votes
6y
Wanted to add Northgate. None of the residential neighborhoods near the Park and Ride have paved sidewalks (!). The LR station will bring more foot traffic throughout the neighborhood so I would expect the city to make road improvements in the upcoming years for pedestrian accessibility.
Real Estate Broker · Poulsbo, WA · Member since 2018 · 121 posts · 66 votes
6y
As Seattle expands...I'm putting money on Kitsap County. :-) But, I may be biased. At any rate, the ferry commute is more pleasant than being stuck in traffic. There are occasional orcas, coffee, and beer. The fast ferries from Kingston and Bremerton get you to downtown Seattle in < 40 minutes, and you can work while you go. Also, can find a decent ~1,000 sf house in Bremerton around $250-300k, in Poulsbo for $350-400k, and in the middle of those in Kingston. Also, waterfront < $1M. I'm just sayin...
Also, more chill lifestyle than being in the city. And (almost) no traffic.