WA - Can Managing Broker selling his property independently?

WA - Can Managing Broker selling his property independently?

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi everyone,

I am qualified to get the managing broker license in WA. However, I am just not sure when I am licensed, will I be able to make transactions myself? Or I still need to hang my license in one of the brokerage houses to do transactions? If that's the case, how much does it cost to maintain the managing broker license in WA? 

I am just trying to save on the commission of my own house transactions so not sure if I should take the exam and get the license yet.

Thanks everyone!

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Aaron NelsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 307 posts · 191 votes
    8y

    Hi @Alens Fasti, are you planning to start your own brokerage, register with the MLS, pay the fees, do all of the paperwork and become your own designated broker? If not, you will still need to hang your license at a brokerage.

    Honestly, I don't see much of a reason to go and start your own brokerage unless your goal is to build out your business as a real estate mega agent, recruit other agents, set up your own systems, etc. It's a lot of work and extra headache. 

    There are plenty of existing brokerages with various fee structures/commission splits that will enable you to act as your own agent and broker your own transactions without going through all of the extra hoopla. Feel free to PM if you want recommendations. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.