best entity to hold real estate in Canada

3 Replies

What is the best entity to hold real estate in Canada as a us citizen from California as a investor.


I would register a corporation, roll your profits back into the corporation for future investments and avoid the cross border taxes. Corporations are much different in Canada then the US so I would read into the differences to become familiar


The Corporation should be Canadian corp or California corp?

@John Boby

You're best getting some paid advice from a cross border tax/legal specialist, rather than rely on opinions of those here on BP.  You could get yourself into some sticky situations.  Check out someone like Altro Levy or Keats Connelly.  

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here