Greetings from Milwaukee

17 Replies

Hello BP,

I am a new real estate investor from Milwaukee just getting onto the scene. I'm 25 with a full time job and family history of multi-family rentals in the Eau Claire/Chippewa/Altoona area of Wisconsin. I have been viewing properties recently and will be putting an offer down in the greater Milwaukee area!

The site and podcasts have been super helpful so far!

Welcome to BP @Adam Kozuch

I am an agent out of South Eastern Wisconsin. If you need anything or have any questions, please feel free to get a hold of me!

Hi Adam, I just bought a turnkey rental in Milwaukee last week. Welcome to BP.

@Adam Kozuch

Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

@Mark Nolan  I will definitely be sure to do that!

A big welcome to you!

I grew up in Milwaukee and spent a year in college at Eau Claire. Both great rental areas! What areas of EC are you invested?

@Andrew Kwiatkowski My parents have properties in the Eau Claire area, I myself do not own anything up there. I am looking to invest in the greater Milwaukee area.

@Dmitriy Fomichenko Thanks for the tip, I have already set up a few alerts.

Adam, 

Welcome! I'm in Eau Claire. I don't know much about the Milwaukee market but if you ever wanted to know more about the Minneapolis-St. Paul market, I'd be happy to do some research for you. 

Good luck.

Omar

You're welcome, Adam! See you around the site!

Welcome from West Bend

Welcome @Adam Kozuch

sounds like you are getting an early jump on real estate investing, good move. Best wishes sir! 

@Adam Kozuch

Welcome to BP. Your picture looks not a day over 24! Do you still dress that sharply?!

But seriously, what areas of Milwaukee are you looking at? What type of properties? SFH, Multis, etc.

@Dave Carpenter I have my mother to thank for that photo. 

I was originally looking at properties in the lower east side, riverwest, and UWM area but I couldn't find anything that made sense from a numbers perspective. I broadened my search and found some better properties in Waukesha, Bay View, and other cities just outside Milwaukee.

I am looking to get into Multifamily to start. My first deal is likely going to be FHA loan, and I'm hoping to go bigger than 4 units once I get a foothold.

@Adam Kozuch have you given any thought to the western suburbs like West Allis?

Numbers aren't quite what they were a few years ago when you could get a 3/3 for 100k ready to rent but the numbers still seem to be pretty solid.

If you have any rehab experience and aren't afraid of ones that need a little work west Allis can be very profitable.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here