New Member Introduction - Milwaukee Area

8 Replies | Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Hello all,

I am relatively new to the BP community and decided it was time to reach out! I am currently 21 and attending school at UW-Madison. I am majoring in Industrial Engineering and plan to go into consulting for a few years upon graduating while I pay down my student debt. However, my long-term goal is to acquire a passive income through multi-family homes and SFH in the Milwaukee area that will allow me to focus full-time on RE investing. In the mean time though, I've been immersing all of my free-time in real estate information like the BP podcasts, books, forums, networking events, etc. and looking at deals in the market so I won't necessarily be a complete novice. Feel free to connect or message me; I look forward to connecting with members in the Milwaukee area!! 

Michael, 

Welcome to the Greater Mileaukee area! I am a twenty year old investor. I have done a couple of deals. Let me know if you have any questions! 

Hi Michael! Welcome to BP!  Keep on learning like you have been but also ask questions here on the forums.  Anything you get from a book, podcast, or even on BP that you don't understand.   We are all a wealth of information here. Good luck!

Originally posted by @Michael Fuchs :

@Jonathan Roberts At this point starting out, I intend to use buy & hold while I get more familiar with the process and prices. Once I have some more experience I plan to use BRRRR

Yeah, that makes sense. After making my first buy and hold purchase and having all that capital tied up in the down payment I have turned to BRRRR to move to a more scalable process.

Good luck man! 

New to Biggerpockets. Bought my first duplex a few years ago. Been occupying it during a complete renovation. Looking to BRRRR into a new property. Looking at properties, but not finding much.

I want to find a 2nd property with room for equity improvements.

I've seen that I should look for a minimum of 2% cash on cash ROI.

Any suggestions?