• Madison, WI
Votes |
Investor/Agent Checking-In: Madison, WI

Paul Haviland
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Madison, WI
Posted Aug 7 2015, 13:29

Hi Everyone - 

Long time reader, but this is my first post.  I hope to maintain a more consistent presence on the site after this one and try to give back to this great community.  

A little bit about myself and background:

- I come from a family with a lot of real estate background (mostly in the capacity of agents), so I was always surrounded by it and very interested.  I actually started obtaining my license in high school.

- First investment purchase was in 2010 (month I graduated College/started first real job).  It was a Duplex that I "House Hacked" before knowing of that great term.  

- Continued buying property (SFHs, Duplexes, and a 5 unit) as I worked in Healthcare IT.  My job required that I travel most weeks, and slowed my investing down, but provided good income to save for down payments.  

- As most local investors in Madison know, it can be a tough market to make the numbers work.  I have focused on creative financing/deal structuring and high leverage to allow me to grow my portfolio quickly while managing the properties closely to maintain positive cash flow.  

- I left my corporate job 18 months ago to focus on Real Estate.  The decreased travel, and increased flexibility has been great!  I spend about 60% of my working hours focused on being a Realtor (Assisting Buyers and Sellers of Investment Properties, SFHs, and Condos).  The remainder is split about 50/50 between management and searching for my next deal.  

Feel free to reach out, and I always enjoy connecting with local folks to learn what/how they are innovating and putting deals together.

Cheers,

Paul Haviland

Loading replies...