Newbie from Tillsonburg, Ontario

9 Replies

Hi everyone,

My name is Abe Peters, i live in Norfolk County, Ontario.

I recently learned about the Brrrr method, wish i would've known about it before we purchased our first home.

My wife and i are planning on purchasing our first multifamily in the next year. Any thoughts, comments, concerns about the following cities?  Chatham, Tillsonburg, Aylmer, Norwich, Delhi, Simcoe and Woodstock Ontario?

Any referral's for quality contractors would be appreciated as well.

Originally posted by @Abe Peters :

Hi everyone,

I recently learned about the Brrrr method, wish i would've known about it before we purchased our first home.

My wife and i are planning on purchasing our first multifamily in the next year. Any thoughts, comments, concerns about the following cities?  Chatham, Tillsonburg, Aylmer, Norwich, Delhi, Simcoe and Woodstock Ontario?

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!

@Abe Peters Congrats on taking the step towards becoming investors! While on BP take a bit more proactive approach and search for locals from your area on BP site. Also, in US we use meetup site to post various clubs. There're tons of REI groups posted on meetup site. You should check out the Canadian version (I just checked and it exists). Look for local groups and go network to meet like-minded investors.

Best of luck!

Hi everyone,

Welcome aboard Abe. 

Hi everyone,

Hey Abe, welcome to the forums. I am currently considering a multi-family in both Chatham and Woodstock. Being from the GTA there are pro's and con's to both locations specific to me. I will shoot you a PM.

@Abe Peters - Nice too meet you on here. I think your concern should be about the value of the deal vs the city itself. Obviously bigger more densely populated cities offer less risk from a vacancy perspective, but if the numbers don't work that's meaningless. I think if you focus on getting the best cash flow all the other piece will fall into place.