Anybody in the Interior/Kootenays?

19 Replies

Promotion
Obie Insurance
Coverage for your rental
Get a quote for your rental property in 2 minutes or less.
Save on landlord insurance. A transparent, simple, and affordable way to protect your investment.
Start Saving

Welcome @Colin Girard

The central Okanagan is harder to cash flow nowadays plus the city of Kelowna has implemented tough byways against short term rentals so I wouldn’t recommend it.

Lake Country, Vernon and Kamloops would my next options in the region. (But honestly Edmonton and Calgary are currently the best bets) 

Cheers

Edison 

Hi @Colin Girard

Yes, I am a REIN member and believe their membership provides good value first year or two.

I am not sure now but I am in a monthly plan of 160.00 but ...  after going through all their videos, resources and other benefits becomes hard to justify it.

The best part is their annual ACRE meeting (in Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton as far as the West Coast) but you could attend as a non member. If you live in a major city and could attend their monthly meetings and get together would make more sense but ..... I live in Kelowna and even when they have events here I am expected to pay like 50 bucks to attend.

I am about to cancel mine (it was a 17 month contract) and invest the same money in a specific coaching program or course.

Check the ones from Tilt (Jared Hope) .... that’s a non BS approach towards real estate 

Good luck ! 

Yes, investing in Castlegar intentionally since 2008. We have experience in single family and duplex, using the BRRR strategy. Currently, I'm actively looking for a multifamily property, with a preference for Nelson. I'm also learning about self storage, and keeping my eyes open for opportunity. Are you investing in the area?

@Stacey Jarratt I've been keeping my eyes open in Castlegar. I am also looking for a multifamily and have interest in a self storage and i've noticed first hand how difficult it is finding storage space around here. I currently have a rental apartment in Rossland.

Originally posted by @Devin Solberg :

Hi Colin, I'm just getting started, but I'm out in Cranbrook. I've done a couple live in flips, and looking to now purchase a buy and hold as well. Been looking at some options in Trail as well!

Hey Devin. Nice work on the live in flips. I wish that was an option for me but I don't think the family would agree haha

@Colin Girard I’m new to the market having just purchased a fourplex in Nelson this past summer with friends as a house hack. Interested in castlegar, and other local markets to get a rental property soon. Would love to connect with others in the area.

I am in Kelowna and new to the forum.   Glad to see some activity here for those of us in BC 

The Kelowna market has gotten significantly tougher just since July.   Its pretty insane how high prices jumped just in the past few months.   Very little supply.

I have been checking out other towns here in BC and seems to be much of the same.   Who woulda thought a pandemic would make home prices jump 20%!

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now

@Jay Black

What are you looking to purchase?

Prices will soften up a bit in dec/Jan. Kelowna is cyclical with seasons.

Supply is limited for sure. 800 sales in September vs 400 last September. 774 in October vs 429 last year.

Incredible stuff.

@Devin Solberg

Hey Devin,

I am also in Cranbrook. Are you part of the REI group? My wife and I have just refinanced our rental and are looking for our next investment. MLS isn't providing many great options. Let me you if you want to chat one day.

Cheers, Jeff.

Originally posted by @Bryn Frayne:

@Colin Girard I’m new to the market having just purchased a fourplex in Nelson this past summer with friends as a house hack. Interested in castlegar, and other local markets to get a rental property soon. Would love to connect with others in the area.

Nice work on the 4plex! Those are tough to find in the area. I've found a few multi-fam in Trail but have been hesitant to purchase so far. 

I’m in the east Kootenay region! Just getting ready to list my flip in Kimberley. It’s been a year long process, excited to move onto the next deal. Maybe land development in fernie, there’s a nice plot for sale in a good area right now.

Hi,  I invest in the kootenays specifically in multi family. So far,our deals has only been in Cranbrook. One 17 units apartments in May and 58 units portfolio under contract right now. DwellScape Investments, our busyness, is doing syndications as a strategy and we are alway looking at growing our network of investors and partners. I would be more then happy to connect.