Votes
Andre Johnson
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
Tax Overages

Andre Johnson
  • Saint Paul, MN
Posted Aug 26 2014, 08:19

Anyone know if this tax Overages program with Rick Dawson and Bob Diamond is for real or legit?  Thinking about adding this to my portfolio just want to make sure i'm not being scammed with this.

Thanks

Andre

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 24 2020, 07:33

Hi Christi, I have been interested in the tax overage
and have been doing some research or you still doing this business and has it work for you I’d be interested in partnering up with you

User Stats

Votes
Len Grosso
  • Investor
  • Santa Rosa, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Santa Rosa, CA
Replied Mar 7 2020, 15:17

For the more recent visitors here, I looked into this business model a few years back.  I was very skeptical and didn't pursue it  although having bought the model / course and documentation.  
Now, as it happens I have a renewed interest.  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 8 2020, 12:29

I recently purchased the training with Bob Diamond and can honestly say it can work and the tax sales in certain states are held monthly, so there won't really be a saturation in this biz. i pushin it to the limit with this one especially during this Coronavirus scare

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 1 2020, 17:16

I recently attended the free training and would like to hear if anyone is working this business today. 

Perhaps you are willing to share how well the business model aligns with the sales seminar.

Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Jake K.
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied May 18 2020, 00:40
Originally posted by @Ray Thompson:

I recently attended the free training and would like to hear if anyone is working this business today. 

Perhaps you are willing to share how well the business model aligns with the sales seminar.

Thanks.

Which free training? There are more than one

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 19 2020, 13:20

Andre Johnson, I read your post about the Bob Diamond course, wanted to know if you ever followed through on starting it.

User Stats

Votes
Kendra Pringle
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 5 2023, 16:16
Quote from @Sandra Lee:

From what I gathered from the "free" training session these overages are not subject to the 12% finders fees. I plan on giving it a shot. Already did some initial searches and now the next step is to close a few and the I can confirm (1) how feasible the opportunity is and (2) how saturated the business is... #staytuned

So what did you find out? I see this was years ago, did it work for you? I've just discovered it

User Stats

Votes
Kendra Pringle
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 5 2023, 16:18
Quote from @Len Grosso:

For the more recent visitors here, I looked into this business model a few years back.  I was very skeptical and didn't pursue it  although having bought the model / course and documentation.  
Now, as it happens I have a renewed interest.  

Hello, did this end up working out for you? I've got the training course but I'm still within the refund stage and I'm just trying to decide if I want to go through with it. I haven't downloaded any of the material, and so far, the training is not complete (for obvious reasons, lol) but I don't know if it's worth keeping and paying the 2K to keep the course. I would be interested what your success has been? 

User Stats

Votes
Kendra Pringle
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 5 2023, 16:18
Quote from @Joe Lamar:

I recently purchased the training with Bob Diamond and can honestly say it can work and the tax sales in certain states are held monthly, so there won't really be a saturation in this biz. i pushin it to the limit with this one especially during this Coronavirus scare

Hello, is this still working out for you?

User Stats

Votes
Kendra Pringle
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 5 2023, 16:28
Quote from @Rick H.:
Originally posted by @Patti Royster:

OK so bottom line question - is there anybody out there who has made any money on overages???

thanks for your help and input!

Yes. I can show you two checks totally about $125,000 in orofits from several years ago.

I'm currently waiting for LA County tax sale overage check well in excess of $100K from a deceased owner that I'm probating. Horribly slow county staff as this is from the Dec 2012 sale. Sadly, i only exoect to make about $7,000 due to offsetting creditor claims to State. 

From OP who inquired about the Rick Dawson course, i met Rick Dawson at a Joe Kaiser didn't some years ago and purchased a Jack Bosch course thru Rick. Stuff seemed solid. I was looking for any nuanced letters and alternative documentation. 

In all, worth the money. Of course, many people buy stuff that they never implement. Anyone can sell you a rowboat and a pair of oars, but you've still got to do the rowing.

Hello! Would you say that you're still successful at this today?

User Stats

Votes
Kendra Pringle
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 5 2023, 16:29
Quote from @Lynn Poirier:

I have taken a great deal of training in Real Estate. Bob Diamond's Overages program is the best. I bought the program as well as went to Vegas training came back and did 3 deals at 35% on each. There are so many deals out there. Just get it and DO THE PROGRAM. The best to you and your Overages

Hello, are you still having success at this today?

User Stats

Votes
Kendra Pringle
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 5 2023, 16:30
Quote from @David Krulac:

you don't need a course to track down overages and clients owed money.

I'm more concerned with understanding what documents to use to lock up the contract. 

User Stats

Votes
Kendra Pringle
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 5 2023, 16:34
Quote from @John Reed:

@Natasha Wade In order to work on behalf of a claimant, they are required to sign a waiver that will release the funds to you or the legal representative that is working the claim.  My company has processed approximately $8,000,000 this year in unclaimed funds on behalf of our clients 

Hello, are you still having success with this today?

User Stats

Votes
David Krulac
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Votes |
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Replied Jan 5 2023, 19:39

I've purchased several hundred tax sale properties and have written about them here on Bigger Pockets.  I don't think you need a course, imho.  Its easy and self explanatory to do.  But more importantly, most of the properties sold at Tax Sale, do not have any overages.  At Upset Tax Sales all the liens, mortgages, judgements etc, transfer to the high bidder at the sale.  So for there to be any overage, there has to be essentially no mortgage, or any other lien on the property before the Upset Tax Sale.  Most of the properties sold do have liens, or some other negative feature like wetlands, flood zone, failed perk test, toxic waste or landlocked situation.  At one sale that I went to there were something like 300 properties on the sale list the day of the auction.  Exactly 4 had overages.  A couple of the overages were minor, and If I were the high bidder, I would have negotiated away the overage in exchange for a Quit Claim Deed to clear the title.  I've actually bought property where there was nursing home leins, welfare department liens, inheritance tax liens and Federal Tax Liens, which were either not of record (not recorded) or were recorded someplace different like the Federal Courthouse.  One of the properties had a Federal Tax Lien of $2,000,000 and another $4,000,000. In all of those there were no overages, which was the least of my concerns.

Check out my other BP Posts on Tax Sales.

David Krulac

Bigger Pockets Podcast #82 Guest