The 10X Rule

10 Replies

Hello BP,

I'm currently listening to Podcast 108, in which Grant Cardone, Best-Selling Author of the 10X Rule, is being interviewed. It's crazy that I haven't heard of him before this. I love his story and how much enthusiasm he has (I'm going to buy a 9 passenger jet! lol).

I'm thinking about purchasing "The 10x Rule", I figure it would be a good read. I can look at reviews on websites all day but I rather get an honest opinion from folks on here. Any thoughts?

That book is next on my list, I am almost done with "The One Thing" and waiting on my table for me when I'm done is "The 4 Hour Workweek" The 10x Rule was 3rd on my list. Both of these first 2 have been mentioned so frequently on the Podcasts that I decided to read them first. 

Let me know if you get that book and what you think of it!

Fantastic book! Consider the 10X Rule an inspiration read though.  It will leave you mentally jack, ready to conquer the world. Grant Cardone has a large video series on motivation and sale training. Working for General Motors we watch his videos weekly before Saturday sales meetings.

@Travis Boyer

Yeah I've been hearing a lot of great things about "The 4 Hour Workweek", I purchased the PDF through iBooks and hope to start that soon as well.

I'm not familiar with "The One Thing" but I will definitely report back to let you know about the 10X Rule!

@Bruce Rogers

Seems accurate, Grant Cardone is a pretty jacked dude himself.. Lol

But I will make sure I check out the video series as well!

I wouldn't get in the habit of reading >1 "motivational/business hacking/etc" book every 1 or 2 months minimum. Reason being, if you read enough you'll notice that they have conflicting and often opposing viewpoints when comparing the books/authors with each other.

This sort of doesn't give you a chance to formulate and emulate one position and subsequently test it. Testing something (viewpoint, lifestyle, etc.) takes months to years. But before you know it, you read another motivational book where that author skinned the cat in a different way. Everyone has different strengths, weaknesses, and circumstances.

Andrey,

Hmmm I haven't thought of that but that is a good point. However, I agree! The more you read, the more you'll find contradicting concepts and opposing views...

I have "The 10X Rule" and it is great!!! Highly recommended and very easy to understand and follow. Basically, it's all about MASSIVE ACTION! You'll read that a lot in the book. Let me know what you think when you get it!! I also recommend "The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy and "The Motivation Manifesto" by Brandon Burchard. All great reads!!

The average CEO reads 4-5 Books per month according to this site.

I am working through the podcasts while I read as much as possible on Audio books.

The 10X Rule is an excellent book in my opinion.  Sell or Be Sold is also an excellent read / listen.

All the best.

@Frankie Lowe

Thanks for the recommendations, I will check out "The Compound Effect" and "The Motivation Manifesto" too!

Michael,

Yeah I've been trying to catch up on the podcasts by listening while at the gym. I started out at #1 then work my way up and the ones I'm not really interested in after listening for awhile I usually skip.

I'm not quite sure how I chose #108 though, it was pretty random. But "Sell or Be Sold" is another one of Cardone's books.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.