• Real Estate Investor
  • CA
Votes |
Robert Allen, Carlton Sheets, etc

Peter Wang
  • Real Estate Investor
  • CA
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:45

Does anyone have any taped lectures or transcripts from any calrton sheets aor Robert Allen Enlighten Wealth Institute seminars. I was told there are all over the internet, yet all using yahoo, google, and ask I was unable to find anything outside of this forum.

All advice is appreciated

thanks

User Stats

Votes
Michael Shadow
  • Investor
  • Bellefonte, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Bellefonte, PA
Replied Jun 22 2008, 23:12

I don't have any woowoo but you could use iTunes and look at all the REI podcast posted on there. There is literally weeks straight of listening time in those podcast. You could learn just about everything those guys teach for free from the internet using those podcast.

Use the search feature on this site and search for podcast. There was an extensive thread about a year ago that covered the better ones.

-Michael

Account Closed
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Jun 24 2008, 20:13

Sometimes they are offered on ebay for reasonable prices. I bought my Carleton Sheets CDs at a garage sale for $5.00. :beer:

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes
Account Closed
  • Banker
  • Brighton, CO
Votes |
  • Banker
  • Brighton, CO
Replied Jun 24 2008, 22:46

The bigger question...why do you want them?

Carlton Sheets hasn't taught anything new in 20 years. Same goes for Allen. It was even questionable back then...

Just read everything on BiggerPockets...and forget the TV guru guys...it's mainly a come-on to sell "coaching" or "bootcamps" at $9,000 a pop.

Don't get me wrong...education is key...but being in the mortgage business for 16 years, I've talked with excited investor who postulate some technique from 1986...and it's either be outlawed or made obsolete in the mortgage note language or closing procedures.

On top of that it "flags" you with title reps. and other industry folk as a "newbie" cuz you're not up to date.

I must admit my industry is not very helpful to investor's in the first place..and that's a shame on us.

I just don't want anyone from BiggerPockets walking around talking to mortgage brokers, title reps, and agents, wearing a stamp on their forehand saying, "Kick me, I'm a Newbie Seminar Taught REI".

Of course, my opinion will change when I get my own infomercial... :lol:

Good Luck!