• Involved In Real Estate
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
Book Review: Diary of a Real Estate Rookie by Alison Rogers

Jeff NA
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Portland, OR
Posted Nov 23 2008, 14:12

The actual title here is Diary of a Real Estate Rookie: My Year of Flipping, Selling, and Rebuilding and What I Learned (The Hard Way). Sounds like it'd be useful to someone starting out in real estate investing, doesn't it?

It's not. Despite the words 'flipping' and 'rebuilding,' there is nearly nothing of the sort in the book, and I can't say that I really learned much at all. This is mostly a book written by someone that was a real estate writer for the New York Post for a while, tried to become a flipper, became a broker, and has a bunch of cute little stories to tell you about Manhattan. If Manhattan is your market, maybe it'd be worth it. But there are only so many times I can bear to read "If you're not from Manhattan, I should explain. . ."

Don't bother. I got it. Your studios start at a zillion dollars. Cool. I'd suggest you didn't pay money for this book. It comes off as someone that was a writer for a newspaper trying to write a book and collect the residual income that comes with it more than anything informative.