Real Estate Investment Trainers- Torres Family (reviews?)

4 Replies

I went to a meeting up recently in an effort to gain knowledge and also network.  I show up to a meet up and have a 2 hour workshop with Jerry and Yolanda Torres. Two seemingly very honest and energetic people. In the end the offer a paid package for them to coach, mentor, and assist newbies into the business.  they also offer 100% access to their private money lenders thus allowing for a sparked entrance.  I was very convinced by their demeanor and felt that they were very honest people.  has anyone heard of them or done business with them? I would like some sort of reviews on the program to see if it is worth my investment.  All information welcome.

Hi, I don't know them at all. However I think the vast majority of what they could teach you is on this site and//r on the podcast for free. I tend not to trust people that say they make all this money in real estate but go around offering courses that would take alot of time. This is just MY opinion just be careful.

Originally posted by @Keith Malik :

Hi, I don't know them at all. However I think the vast majority of what they could teach you is on this site and//r on the podcast for free. I tend not to trust people that say they make all this money in real estate but go around offering courses that would take alot of time. This is just MY opinion just be careful.

I hear you, I usually feel the same way and have steered clear. That's one of the reasons I'm hesitant and want to get them checked. Thank you very much.

No problem, I hate to see people get taken advantage of.

the training as an aside.. private money lenders are NOT looking for newbies generally and are not sitting at home waiting for a guru to call and say they have a new student.

you can simply talk to your local HML which is who you would use anyway if you need capital.

as for learning the business there are a myrid of ways to do that.

you can go to e bay and buy any and all guru course and videos for pennies... spend a few hundred on those and sift through the information.

there is just so much hype that people can go from not knowing anything about real estate to be financially independent in a few short months.. and folks simply don't know what they don't know this is a long game a very long game.. and depending on were your living and working it can be very very difficult without substantial cash already.. areas of the North east and mid west you can deal in SFR's like used cars because they sell for that. if your west coast based.. much tougher

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.