best book you've ever read in real estate investing

8 Replies

For me it depends on what part of REI. For me, the eye opener was Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. For tax, it is Tax-Free Wealth by Tom Wheelwright. For investing in multi-family residences, it's The ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy. There are also books on estimating rehab costs, property management, and introductory books as well.

@Mido Ali Everyone must start with "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". After that it all depends on what specific niche in RE you're interested in. There're tons of great books on real estate and personal self-development that are equally helpful, then there's a whole slew of books on taxes and etc... So there's no one book per se, but definitely One at a Time kind of thing. I have a library of books recommendations which I cannot post here, but if you PM me I'll share it with you.

Best!

Hi @Mido Ali , I would highly recommend FLIP, How to Find, Fix, and Sell Houses for Profit by Rick Villani and Clay Davis. It's a New York Times Bestseller and one that I read and followed when I flipping homes here in the DC Metro area. Good luck with getting started in investing.

I have read about 30 books In the last 6-7 months
Ones I’d recommend are

How to raise your own salary
Rich Dad Poor Dad
Richest man in Babylon
Millionaire real estate investor
Ecclesiastes and proverbs
10x rule