CRM recommendations for general business/ REI/ Landlord/ Develope

2 Replies

Hi does anyone recommend a general CRM that you use for your Real Estate investing.

I'm mainly  a developer/landlord/investor. 

I deal with a lot of brokers, vendors, contractors, wholesellers, other landlords, direct managers and I do some commercial real estate.  I don't really want a niche CRM that's specific for selling.  But something that's kind of an advanced rollodex and will bring organization to my real estate business.

I'm looking for ease of use and integration with Gmail, and other more common apps like Evernote, etc.

I don't have the time to learn Podio (I tried this for several months and could not figure it out nor do I have the time to)

I just want something that's farely simple, and has some sort of integration across desktop and iPhone iOS etc.

If there's going to be less than 100 people, use your favorite spreadsheet software. Don't overcomplicate things.

Beyond that, Hubspot basic is free. Then add features as you need them, each little "package" of features is like $50/mo. One nice little thing (included in the 'free ninety nine' package) is that you can set it to spy on your outgoing emails and automatically add people, to save time on data entry (#1 reason people who should use a CRM don't is the time suck on data entry). Then once a week you go in, look at everyone new, and put them in the categories etc that you want. You can also set it to spy on your phone to keep "date last contacted" accurate. 

Originally posted by @Chris Mason :

If there's going to be less than 100 people, use your favorite spreadsheet software. Don't overcomplicate things.

Beyond that, Hubspot basic is free. Then add features as you need them, each little "package" of features is like $50/mo. One nice little thing (included in the 'free ninety nine' package) is that you can set it to spy on your outgoing emails and automatically add people, to save time on data entry (#1 reason people who should use a CRM don't is the time suck on data entry). Then once a week you go in, look at everyone new, and put them in the categories etc that you want. You can also set it to spy on your phone to keep "date last contacted" accurate. 

Thanks I agree I want to KISS (keep it simple stupid).  I've been using Google Drive/ Spreadsheets for a while and tend to lose track of things.

I just want to have reminders, background info, kind of like rolodex with notes. If it links to Gmail and iPhone that would make my life easier. I basically use Evernote, my iphone (and put notes on different people/landlords/ potential sellers/ landlords/people I network with) and google spreadsheets to keep track of things: apartment purchases, CRE brokers, resid agents, neighbors, network, contractors, homw owners, apartment owners, cleaners etc...

It's just very messy and contacts slip under the cracks.

But I also want it to be organized enough so that I can do some tracking and not lose good leads/ people.

Also what ever I choose I'll be spending time learning so I'd like to at least get soemthing that will help me do it and is simpler than Podio but has more features than GMAIL.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here