Skip to content
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Mike Nelson
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
What is the deal with all these "GURUS"!!!!

Mike Nelson
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Posted Aug 23 2012, 08:09

Thought I'd share my thoughts on what seems to be an explosion of real estate "Gurus" at every corner. Speaking as a person who just stuck his toes in the water I have noticed at every turn in my education of the game there is always someone else marketing their success by surrounding themselves in some sort of surreal euphoric background to stress how their system is unlike any other that for just a measly $6000+ you can obtain the same if not more with just a cell phone and a pencil!!! I'm sorry but in my 31 years on this earth coming from a working class family if anything I've learned the value of hard work and innovation. Now I am only bringing up this point because I have been very cautious of all this guru mania. I personally cannot conceive the idea of being sold a system at such a high dollar value that will deliver success to the masses. If the system is so great, so creative, so innovative, so original and profitable, then why the heck would you sell to hundreds maybes thousands of potential competitive individuals? In other words how would Steve Jobs have made Apple so successful if he shared his ideas with many potential ambitious entrepreneurs? I just don't get it. What I do get is fundamentals. If anything I have seen between reading literature and studying ideas with groups of individuals such as this website, its all about learning the fundamentals and innovating and creating your way to success. This is the same rule that applies in the free market. I could be way off base here. If so, I would like to be put in my place from the experienced folks of this realm. My general focus has been to continue building a solid network, and surrounding myself with people who have attained this success. Rather than paying for their wisdom, I choose to make a deal and work for their wisdom.

Loading replies...