The Guru failure!! (Show 11)

9 Replies

Hello everyone! I am the perfect example of the Guru failure! I am the one that spent $30,000+ on the gurus that promised millions in real estate. But recently someone at a REIA meeting told me about biggerpockets. So here I am broke and new to real estate way from Central Florida! I look forward to connecting and learning from the bigger pocket forms!

Originally posted by @Monique Gipson :

Hello everyone! I am the perfect example of the Guru failure! I am the one that spent $30,000+ on the gurus that promised millions in real estate. But recently someone at a REIA meeting told me about biggerpockets. So here I am broke and new to real estate way from Central Florida! I look forward to connecting and learning from the bigger pocket forms!

Hi, Monique. Welcome to Bigger Pockets. There a bunch of ways to learn here. I would make sure to start with the Bigger Pockets Money podcasts, that are less about making money in real estate and more about how to organize your finances. And you are not alone, coming here after being convinced that their way was the best way by gurus. I've gone to guru seminars myself.

Originally posted by @Alan Grobmeier :

@Monique Gipson, which one got you?  There are so many.  ;-)

Fortune builders, Rafael, AstroFlip, 1000×, and Extreme REIA just a few. I am kind of embarrassed by how much I spent to get the same information from each seminar.

Originally posted by @Taylor L. :

The good news is you're not alone. Many others have been scammed. Call it a hard lesson learned. Keep going to the REIA and meeting people who are out there doing deals.

That makes me feel so much better!

Originally posted by @Jim K. :
Originally posted by @Monique Gipson:

Hi, Monique. Welcome to Bigger Pockets. There a bunch of ways to learn here. I would make sure to start with the Bigger Pockets Money podcasts, that are less about making money in real estate and more about how to organize your finances. And you are not alone, coming here after being convinced that their way was the best way by gurus. I've gone to guru seminars myself.

I started at episode 1

Hopefully you learned to be aware of some of the people in this business. The lessons you learned will benefit you in your future investing. We all make mistakes. Most of what you need to know can be found on this website. Good luck going forward.