PEI Real Estate Networking

PEI Real Estate Networking

Rental Property Investor · Calgary, AB · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 4 votes

Looking to connect with other Prince Edward Island investors.

The PEI market has been very interesting over the past few years. The average home price has increased 35+% over the past 5 years, supply has dropped significantly over the past few years as demand has grown. Rent controls, foreign investment, Airbnb; there are a lot of hot topics to discuss in this market.

I am hoping to network with other investors in this market, and am actively looking for deals and opportunities in the Charlottetown/Stratford/Cornwall areas. Looking for SFH, multifamily, and commercial properties.

Brad

1Reply
116 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 8 votes
7y

Hey everyone, 

Glad to see a PEI thread has started. I am from Charlottetown and bought my first duplex in 2013. I had a total of 3 duplexes plus my house at one point and then decided to sell two of my duplexes to raise some cash. I am reinvesting those proceeds into my next project which is a 6 unit seniors townhouse in Cornwall. We should be breaking ground any week now. 

I am also working on getting a PEI real estate networking group going. I was thinking we could meet once a month or once a quarter and it could be a good way to meet lenders, investors, brokers, realtors, partners etc. At the very least it's a good excuse to get out for a drink/coffee and learn from everyone else's experience. If anyone here is interested, please let me know!

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Look forward to meeting all of you. 
    Thank you Adam for your quick response.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hello Fellows

    I am Gurpreet Bajwa. I am very much interested to explore PEI to be potential home owner and also as an investor. I will appreciate if you can provide some details in Charlottetown, Stratford and Cornwall
    1. How is the job market in PEI specifically for IT professional 

    2. How is public transportation and commute time with in city 

    3. How is the real estate market in 2021 (Economic development Vs home market forecast/trends)

    4. Current sales and pricing conditions 

    5. Employment growth 

    I am from Toronto. I am planing to move with my family. I just wanted to make sure that I am not making impulse decision.

    Thank you in advance. 

  • Investor · Waterloo, Ontario · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Hello All,

    I live in Ontario, and invest in multifamily in New Brunswick and Alberta.  I am interested in exploring PEI for recreational properties for short term rentals, and our own use.

    I would love to hear from anyone with experience in PEI with airbnb, or if anyone can recommend an investor-oriented real estate agent.

    Happy to share my experiences in NB and AB as well!

    Thanks!

    Dan

  • Rental Property Investor · Grimsby, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Hi Daniel,

    I live in Ontario as well (Grimsby) and invest in PEI.  We are looking to retire there in 8 years.  Our strategy has been multi-family builds (basement conversions) and haven't tried AirBnB.

    I have had great success with Jim Carragher as a RE Agent. Worked with him the past 4 years. Jim works with a variety of REI. https://www.exitrealtypei.com/...  If you reach out to him, please let him know that I referred you to him.

    Chuck

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlottetown, PE · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Adam Dow any word on one happening anytime soon? Also, i heard that there was a pei investor facebook group, did you have a link to it by chance?

  • Rental Property Investor · Grimsby, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    @Adam Dow any word on one happening anytime soon? Also, i heard that there was a pei investor facebook group, did you have a link to it by chance?

    I am in Charlottetown the week of March 21-25 and would love to attend a meeting with others.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlottetown, PE · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Chuck Jerome please let me know if you find one

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlottetown, PE · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @James Marjerrison. What was the name of the Facebook group? (I cant seem to find it)

  • Rental Property Investor · Grimsby, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Here is the link to the Facebook group that I belong to:

    https://www.facebook.com/group...

  • Lender · Charlottetown, PE · Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Chuck Jerome:

    Here is the link to the Facebook group that I belong to:

    https://www.facebook.com/group...

    Tried to use the link but it doesnt seem to work?
  • Investor · Waterloo, Ontario · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Chuck Jerome:

    Hi Daniel,

    I live in Ontario as well (Grimsby) and invest in PEI.  We are looking to retire there in 8 years.  Our strategy has been multi-family builds (basement conversions) and haven't tried AirBnB.

    I have had great success with Jim Carragher as a RE Agent. Worked with him the past 4 years. Jim works with a variety of REI. https://www.exitrealtypei.com/...  If you reach out to him, please let him know that I referred you to him.

    Chuck

     Thanks Chuck, appreciate it.

  • Lender · Charlottetown, PE · Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    @James Marjerrison anyone have any update on the Facebook group for pei? The link provided doesnt seem.to work

  • Rental Property Investor · Grimsby, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Luke Crighton:

    @James Marjerrison anyone have any update on the Facebook group for pei? The link provided doesnt seem.to work


    Hi Luke, looking at the Group, it has been archived.  Not sure why the admin did that.

    "This group has been archived.  An admin paused this group on February 26, 2022. You can't create posts, like, comment or add more members, but you can still view all posts."

  • Rental Property Investor · Grimsby, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    I am in Charlottetown the week of June 20-24 if anyone is interested in getting together to discuss REI. Would like to learn what strategies you are following, what hurdles you're facing and share my experiences.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlottetown, PEI · Member since 2021 · 26 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    Hi All,

    I'm a fellow investor and realtor in PEI. I didn't see any active Facebook groups, so I started my own and thought some of you might be interested in joining. We've got quite a few members and more joining. We are also planning a get together for Sept 28th, 2023.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/148544411627754

    Cheers,

  • Rental Property Investor · Grimsby, Ontario · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Thank you Zach for posting here.  I just requested to join the group.  I've been investing in PEI since 2018.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.