Buy & Hold - FL (St, Petersburg, Brandon, Lakeland)

6 Replies | St. Petersburg, Florida

I'm a buy and hold Real Estate Investor from Portland, OR looking to invest in small Multi-Family in one of the Tampa surrounding cities. Having been looking into St. Petersburg, Brandon and Lakeland. Looking for Investors and or agents with experience in these areas to share their thoughts. If there are any other cities in the area I should consider let me know.

Most people looking for deep discounts are 5-7 years late to Hillsborough/Pinellas, and 2 years late to Pasco. Counties we are working on now are Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Hernando, Polk, Manatee, Sarasota, Citrus, Sumter, Hardee, DeSoto, Charlotte, Marion... 

From my research it appears as though you can still find cash flowing deals in the cities surrounding Tampa that meet the 1% rule. Am I wrong? I know I can find better cash flow in the midwest but I'm looking for an area that is also experiencing some grow and has appreciation potential as well. From my research it has brought me to this area but not a specific city yet. Do you think it would be better to look into the cities south. I did consider Port Charlotte and Nort Port but there didn't appear to be many small MF properties in these areas.