Most Lenient CNY Local Banks for 2-4 Multi Res Loans?

Most Lenient CNY Local Banks for 2-4 Multi Res Loans?

Rental Property Investor · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2017 · 156 posts · 72 votes

Hey CNY Investors! I'm a retired Navy Officer and Iraq Vet looking for advice on which local CNY banks are the most motivated to work with somewhat blemished financial backgrounds.  As we all know, there are some who are easier to work with than others and I'm looking to secure financing for my first house-hack property. 

Any advice you may have is greatly appreciated!

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2016 · 601 posts · 384 votes
8y

Rob, sorry you haven't received a response from anyone here. Try reaching out to Donovan Pieterse of Easy 2 Own Homes. He is one of the most knowledgeable investors in our area and he owns half of North Syracuse. He is also a vet and he likes helping people. He has a bunch of private investors and might be interested in a partnership. He does 90% buy and hold. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2016 · 601 posts · 384 votes
    8y

    Rob, sorry you haven't received a response from anyone here. Try reaching out to Donovan Pieterse of Easy 2 Own Homes. He is one of the most knowledgeable investors in our area and he owns half of North Syracuse. He is also a vet and he likes helping people. He has a bunch of private investors and might be interested in a partnership. He does 90% buy and hold. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2017 · 156 posts · 72 votes
    8y

    @Ronald Starusnak - Thanks very much for your response, I appreciate your interest!  I know Donovan as he helped me sell a house a few years back and hadn't thought of contacting him so I'll do that.

    Thanks again!

  • Rental Property Investor · Ithaca, NY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Rob Sawyer Credit Unions would be a good place to try, they have more flexibility than National Banks.  Try a Mortgage broker, they could find you a lender as well. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2017 · 156 posts · 72 votes
    8y

    @Nick Rutkowski - Thanks Nick.  I appreciate your advice. I'm still blackballed for another year or so due to a divorce-required short sale so need a lender to look past that and still want to lend.  Any recommendations of investor-friendly lenders based on your experience ?

  • Property Manager · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2016 · 601 posts · 384 votes
    8y

    Rob, try emailing Jay Gelb, he is thhe CEO of a few banks. He is an investor himself, owns a few trailer parks.  I am sure he can help you out. I'll send you a message with his email. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.