Phone Service for Overseas VA?

7 Replies

Hi All,

What do you recommend for an overseas VA to use to call/text seller leads?

My VA in the Philippines is calling/texting seller leads she finds online. Last night, Google shut down the second Google Voice number I set up for her.

Obviously, I like GV because of its price and I can log in to see her work, listen to messages from sellers, read texts, etc.

Looking for an alternative service. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeff

Hello BP friends,

I have same question as with Jeff. For investors using VAs, especially in the Philippines, what communication system you provide for them?

Thanks,

Jimmy

I know this is a 7 month old post but would have like to know why Google shut down your line

After having google shut down 2 lines, I paid for a phone.com account. VA can log in through computer, make calls and send/receive texts. It is not free but it is not expensive either. What it has been is stable and easy to use. Check it out.

I'm using right now magickjack to communicate with my property manager and relatives in the Philippines for a very small costs. It's portable that you can use it almost anywhere with a internet/wifi connection.

Originally posted by @Jeff Sheiner :

Hi All,

My VA in the Philippines is calling/texting seller leads she finds online. Last night, Google shut down the second Google Voice number I set up for her.

Obviously, I like GV because of its price and I can log in to see her work, listen to messages from sellers, read texts, etc.

Thanks!

Jeff

Hey Jeff!

We use Google Voice with the VAs on our team -- as long as we set up the account with a US-based forwarding number first.  Then, we give them access to the account.  We've done this for about 5 years now and we've never had an account shut down (knock on wood)!

We also use Skype ($2.99/month without Caller ID or $5.99/month with Caller ID) for some our team members that do not have a high upload speed. The sound quality is better on Skype if the VA's upload speed is less than 0.5Mbps.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Monique

@Monique B.: Are you able to see all the calls made in Skype?

Originally posted by @Monique B.:
Originally posted by @Jeff Sheiner:

Hi All,

Thanks!

Jeff

Hey Jeff!

We use Google Voice with the VAs on our team -- as long as we set up the account with a US-based forwarding number first.  Then, we give them access to the account.  We've done this for about 5 years now and we've never had an account shut down (knock on wood)!

We also use Skype ($2.99/month without Caller ID or $5.99/month with Caller ID) for some our team members that do not have a high upload speed. The sound quality is better on Skype if the VA's upload speed is less than 0.5Mbps.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Monique

We used Twilio to automate our lead delivery via SMS txt.

Works like a champ.