Sources for data mining rents by zip code

Sources for data mining rents by zip code

Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 1 vote

I'm looking to bounce SFH sale prices against rents. I've found plenty of sources for home sale prices that I can easily get in a downloadable format (csv) but I can't seem to find a downloadable database of rents vs zip code/neighborhood. I see that city-data as well as truila have heat maps, but I can't find a way to download the information and I'm not sure what database they are using to generate the maps. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Media, PA · Member since 2017 · 361 posts · 250 votes
9y
Originally posted by @Christopher Canning:

@John Knisely - thanks.  That's a good call.  I was hoping to be able to find a freely available source online, but if the easiest way is to just reach out to a local agent, I'll do it.

 The ones worth talking to shouldn't be bothered by getting you this data.

Let's see if we can summon any from BP keyword alerts. Charleston real estate agents. South Carolina realtor....Now we wait!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Media, PA · Member since 2017 · 361 posts · 250 votes
    9y

    @Christopher Canning my MLS allows me to chart stuff like this pretty easily across various datapoints (Days on market, median sale price, etc) and criteria (property size, location etc). Have you contacted a real estate agent in your area regarding this question? I bet you could find one that is pretty familiar with this sort of stuff without too much hassle.

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @John Knisely - thanks.  That's a good call.  I was hoping to be able to find a freely available source online, but if the easiest way is to just reach out to a local agent, I'll do it.

  • Real Estate Agent · Media, PA · Member since 2017 · 361 posts · 250 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Christopher Canning:

    @John Knisely - thanks.  That's a good call.  I was hoping to be able to find a freely available source online, but if the easiest way is to just reach out to a local agent, I'll do it.

     The ones worth talking to shouldn't be bothered by getting you this data.

    Let's see if we can summon any from BP keyword alerts. Charleston real estate agents. South Carolina realtor....Now we wait!

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @John Knisely - Ha!  I like your style.

  • Justin CambraPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 48 posts · 29 votes
    9y

    chris,

    The top two free resources I use for market rents are apartments.com and Zillow rents apps. The other source I use is talking to property managers in the area. 

    Good luck!

    JC

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 110 posts · 79 votes
    9y

    PadMapper.com is pretty useful also. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.