Property Management Software

15 Replies

Hi - 

I'm currently managing 19 units for myself and wanted to start using Property Management Software that would eventually be scalable for use in a Property Management business.  Does anyone have any good suggestions for software/cloud solutions?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Kevin

Buildium or Rent Manager will both be great for that number of units. Appfolio is great but a little pricey for 19 units. Check them all out. They will do fee demos.

I currently use RentecDirect for 8 units.  I have heard Buildium is the best but it is to expensive for my needs at this time.  However I am looking to pick up some more units.  When I do I will be reassessing and when I change, Buildium is likely the one I will use.

I'm in kind of a similar situation. I have a property manager, as I live out of state, but would like to automate much more of the process than our current operations. In my case, it's 24 units across several duplexes. I'm looking at cozy.co for the payment and financial side of things, and not clear what additional needs I will likely encounter. FYI, I'm not completely focused on cost minimization, as I've found the good karma that comes from being a good landlord gives me "sticky" tenants.

You should check out SimpleRent.  They are new to the game and looking to move the software toward the needs of people in your wheel house.  SimpleRent.com

Kevin,

A little late the party here, but I figured my experience might be useful for other real estate investors looking for property management software. I was a longtime (4 year) Cozy user and I loved the software. However, as I started to grow and create systems within my business, the best move was to a bigger system (that costs money) to reduce my headaches. 

I was in search of something that could manage rental applications, write rental leases for me, manage a website for me (so I could stop having to keep update mine), collect rent, maintenance requests, and formal communication channels with tenants (instead of text messages).

After looking Buildium and Appfolio (the titians in the industry IMO), I was able to stumble across TenantCloud. It works perfectly for me and did all of the things I listed above for a much cheaper price than Buildium and Appfolio. While I can surely understand the business case for switching to Buildium or Appfolio after I hit 500 units or so, for now it makes the most sense to go with TenantCloud.

If you're on the edge of switching from a free service to something with more bells and whistles that requires a fee - I have been switched over for 6 months now and the money I pay every month is MORE THAN WORTH IT. Keep in mind when you pay for services like this, you're investing in a company who will continue to evolve and create new services for you. There are monthly roll outs of updates and sometimes even new features to help us out.

If you have any questions or are looking for more feedback on, please feel free to reach out. I know I wish I had someone to talk to about this when I was searching 6 months ago! Best of luck.

Originally posted by @Kevin Tanzer :

Hi - 

I'm currently managing 19 units for myself and wanted to start using Property Management Software that would eventually be scalable for use in a Property Management business.  Does anyone have any good suggestions for software/cloud solutions?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Kevin

Hi Kevin, definitely here to answer any questions you might have; would be happy to discuss further via DM!

@Wade Reid - I still am using TenantCloud and I love it. If you shoot me an DM with your email address, I should be able to refer you through my account. They are offering a couple of free months from referrals (I can't remember how many exactly).