Boosting in-bound activity for websites

2 Replies

I have seen a number of posts talking about SEO to attract in-bound marketing. Have any of you worked with a company that focuses on the Real Estate Investor?

Account Closed

Good SEO people should be able to optimize for any industry. The big value-add for SEO firms is not industry knowledge but an understanding of how to build SEO models and do analysis with data that is collected as you go.

AdWords is another strategy that tends to generate quicker turnaround (but at a higher cost per click). Since the typical value of a real-estate conversion is high, it makes it a good candidate for AdWords as well. 

In an ideal world, you would want to compete on both.

The cost can get pretty high if you're working with firms. It may make sense to have someone do an SEO tune-up for you on a freelance basis. Or, you can try your hand at some techniques. There are great courses on Udacity for SEO and AdWords.

Hey Account Closed said, ideally you compete with AdWords and SEO. The AdWords platform allows you to generate leads by placing your ads at the top of page 1 search results in Google. This gets you visibility in days instead of months. You pay each time somebody clicks on an ad, but with the right strategy many of the clicks will be motivated seller looking to work with you. Many of the investors that I work directly with use both so that their long term and short term lead sources are covered.

Feel free to reach out if you'd like some more info. I'm always happy to chat!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.