Software For Pulling Historical Data

Software For Pulling Historical Data

Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 10 votes

Hey All,

Curious if anyone knows of any type of software where I can pull the historical real estate data for specific geographic areas?  E.g., "The median sales prices in XXXXX ZIP code between 1990 - 2019."  Any recommended APIs or places where one could pull this kind of data?

Thanks!

1Reply
14 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2018 · 549 posts · 411 votes
    7y

    @Kyle Renke

    Doesn't your local MLS have a data source built in for pulling tax records? NWMLS here in Washington has realist integrated and that has proven to be fairly powerful for my purposes.

  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Geordy Rostad, I've been playing around with my local MLS and that actually seems like it will work the best. We have Realist as well, but I haven't used it in-depth for running stats. I'll definitely be sure to check that one out too. Thanks!

  • Real Estate Broker · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2018 · 549 posts · 411 votes
    7y

    @Kyle Renke

    Some folks on youtube have made videos about how to dig into some of Realist's more advanced features. Sometimes the tax records in different counties can act funny depending how zoning, land use, and things like that are recorded but ultimately I think most of the data is actually there. Here's a screenshot. Everything you need is in the bottom two dialog windows. There's more criteria there than you'll know what to do with.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.