I want to convert 2-4 deals per month using Facebook ads

I want to convert 2-4 deals per month using Facebook ads

Realtor · Chanhassen, MN · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 17 votes

I am a fairly new investor in Minnesota and have recently started using Facebook ads to generate leads. I'm targeting motivated sellers and I've generated a decent amount of leads in a fairly competitive market. Now I'm wondering how to optimize this system and become as efficient as possible. Has anyone had success (I understand how subjective that question is) closing 2-4 deals using Facebook ads? If so, what systems are you using to be efficient? 

What kind of ad copy are people using and seeing success with?

1Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Alyssa StromBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 224 posts · 214 votes
6y

@Tyler Santos That's awesome to hear! In regards to a CRM, I really like Hubspot. Free for nearly all the main features and also connects with Zapier. @Tim Swierczek is right, follow up is key. Are you looking to wholesale some or all of the deals you find? If so, I'd recommend having a few serious buyers lined up that can close. That way you know what price you need to get the property at to make the deal work.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Tyler Santos I don't source investor leads this way so I don't have any copy for you, but I do have experience receiving mortgage leads this way and it's imperative that you have a CRM and follow up system in place.  You will need to be able to track the leads and hopefully have a follow-up campaign to maximize your efforts.  This sort of system is more important the more successful you become because as you get leads you will be receiving new inquiries as you follow up on old inquires and it becomes both time consuming and confusing if you don't have a central place to track all the activity.

  • Realtor · Chanhassen, MN · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Tim Swierczek yes, that is a very good point. I am still trying to decide what CRM I want to use as there are so many out there. I should probably get this figured out now while I'm still early on in this so that the systems are in place and I can be prepared for the growth stage of my business. Thanks for your input!

  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Tyler Santos I would recommend it.  A cloud-based platform that works with Zapier should allow you to connect other services.  You may look at one designed for Realtors called Agent Legend.  It's highly optimized for sales lead follow up.  It's pricy but it will allow for automated follow up by email, voice mail, and text, and if the lead contacts you the follow-up stops automatically.  On most systems, you often need to manually re-categorize the lead to get the follow up to stop.  This can lead to embarrassing follow up messages days after the person has contacted you.

  • Alyssa StromBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 224 posts · 214 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Santos That's awesome to hear! In regards to a CRM, I really like Hubspot. Free for nearly all the main features and also connects with Zapier. @Tim Swierczek is right, follow up is key. Are you looking to wholesale some or all of the deals you find? If so, I'd recommend having a few serious buyers lined up that can close. That way you know what price you need to get the property at to make the deal work.

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 269 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Santos

    Hi Tyler. Congrats on your real estate journey.

    As @Alyssa Strom asked , I am also curious to your exit strategy ? Will you co-wholesale or do you already have a buyers list to market to once you have a property in contract. Also will you be assigning or purchasing and then re-selling to your buyers ?

    Best of luck in all your endeavors.

  • Realtor · Chanhassen, MN · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Alyssa Strom and @Anthony Dadlani, my main exit strategy right now is wholesaling as it is the lowest barrier of entry into investing for someone like me who doesn't have a ton of capital. My next strategies are creative finance deals like "subject to" and/or other forms of seller finance. Once I have some capital built up I would like to build a rental portfolio as well as do some flipping. I will be mostly assigning contracts and some double close depending on the situation. Alyssa, by chance do you know if you can zap Facebook leads to Hubspot? I do like Hubspot for its email functionality (as well as the Free part). 

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 269 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Santos

    Ok excellent. Certainly wishing you tremendous luck moving forward.

    Once you have some deals under your belt please feel free to reach out. We may be able to help each other learn and grow.

    Best Regards,

  • Realtor · Chanhassen, MN · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Anthony Dadlani absolutely. I will reach out once I have some traction. Appreciate the words of encouragement!

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Hey Tyler. This is a good question. 

    You last posted 2 days ago about this, how is this coming? 

  • Alyssa StromBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 224 posts · 214 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Santos Yes! You can zap FB leads to Hubspot.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gulf Breeze, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 733 votes
    6y

    Hey @Tyler Santos - I'm interested in your Facebook ad experience. I've had zero luck with FB ads targeting my mastermind and a fellow investor who spends $1k month on FB ads for his flipping business has had zero luck. We're both in different markets so if you find your 2-4 deals success, I'll pay you to teach me!

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tyler Santos:

    I am a fairly new investor in Minnesota and have recently started using Facebook ads to generate leads. I'm targeting motivated sellers and I've generated a decent amount of leads in a fairly competitive market. Now I'm wondering how to optimize this system and become as efficient as possible. Has anyone had success (I understand how subjective that question is) closing 2-4 deals using Facebook ads? If so, what systems are you using to be efficient? 

    What kind of ad copy are people using and seeing success with?

    My approach was this - run video.  Do short form, long form, do whatever.  Get it out there, and let it start getting views.  I ran FB campaigns for both traffic (driving people to your website) and or video views.  Then you retarget them.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    6y

    FB audiences are so powerful.  

    You can upload lists and run ads at them.  You can select a bunch of affinity traits (people that like whatever).  You can select almost nothing and let FB just go wide.  Over time FB will figure out who is watching, and start to gradually 'dial in' your audience so that your cost per view comes down a bit.

    THEN you can use these audiences to create look-alike audiences and do it all again.  Run FB traffic ads at them, and run FB video view campaigns at them.  Again I recommend video content of some sort for this stage.

    Now you can create your retargeting audiences:  those that visited your page and those that watch X% or Y seconds of your videos on FB.  You can do lead form conversions if you want, or whatever.  Test to see what works.

    John Martinez has a great video on this on his YT channel - the invisible funnel he calls it.  

  • Real Estate Consultant · NY · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 11 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jay Helms:

    Hey @Tyler Santos - I'm interested in your Facebook ad experience. I've had zero luck with FB ads targeting my mastermind and a fellow investor who spends $1k month on FB ads for his flipping business has had zero luck. We're both in different markets so if you find your 2-4 deals success, I'll pay you to teach me!

    1) Do you have a Facebook Pixel setup on your website or a Facebook Page? Leads collected offline?

    2) Consider your funnels. Your fellow investor is probably spending $1000 trying to turn cold traffic into hot traffic immediately which doesn't work.

    3) Have you looked into the targeting interests that Facebook offers? This has to take into consideration the 'Special Ads' category Facebook has rolled out.


    Feel free to send me a message - I always enjoy talking about Facebook ads. Glad to guide you through it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.