Skip to content
Real Estate Technology

User Stats

Votes
Laura Bowler
Votes |
E-Sign Options During Pandemic (PandaDoc?)

Laura Bowler
Posted Sep 23 2020, 15:56

Hi all! I'm looking to understand my options for esigning documents (rather than my current method of printing and mailing leases to tenants), especially with the pandemic and need for minimal contact. I saw a few posts on this, but nothing recent, and was curious if anyone had any recommendations for a good esign service? I currently only have 2 units (still building!) so I don't need a tremendous amount of signatures, and would prefer a free service if available, although I'm not opposed to paying. I stumbled on PandaDoc, which offered free esigning, but wanted to know if anyone had used them, or other services they could recommend? I really appreciate the help.

User Stats

Votes
Bradley Padula
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Boston, MA
Replied Sep 23 2020, 22:28

DocuSign has worked great for me. Shows you when each person signing views/opens the document and when they have signed. Easy to store electronic PDF mailed to all parties when document is fully executed. Can set reminders to automatically get sent until everyone signs. 

User Stats

Votes
Alexander Kleyman
  • Sterling Heights, MI
Votes |
  • Sterling Heights, MI
Replied Oct 10 2020, 09:53

Look into Innago.com it offers free digital lease signing. I too just started to “play” around with it recently. With Innago you upload a PDF of your lease and overlay it with marked data entry fields such dates/$$$/initials/signatures for landlord and tenants.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Dave Spooner
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Oct 14 2020, 20:23

Thanks for the mention @Alexander Kleyman! Hopefully you're liking your experience in Innago so far.

@Laura Bowler if there are any specific questions I can answer, please let me know!

User Stats

Votes
Charles Horton
  • Investor
  • Ocala, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ocala, FL
Replied Oct 15 2020, 10:50

I use DocHub at my W2 and also use it for my rental leases. The service's free account allows 3 free signature requests a month, so if you're low-volume, you can get away with that for a while. 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Strauss
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pasadena, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pasadena, CA
Replied Mar 14 2022, 05:52
Quote from @Dave Spooner:

Thanks for the mention @Alexander Kleyman! Hopefully you're liking your experience in Innago so far.

@Laura Bowler if there are any specific questions I can answer, please let me know!

Hi Dave,

Is there a way you can add daily late fees over the as the first of the month a renter is late? So on the 2nd, I apply a 10% fee, then each day rent is late I can add $5 late fee until paid. I also want to be able to waive those $5 fees if I want as well but not the 10% fee?