• Investor
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
Zillow Offers experience?

Miho Y.
  • Investor
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Posted Dec 23 2020, 19:01

Has anyone sold/bought using Zillow Offers platform? Care to share your experience? Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Justin Fitzgerald
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Jan 3 2021, 17:23

I just searched for "zillow offers" for the same reason. I have a home in Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley) that is a bit of a fixer (80's wallpaper, trashed carpets, wood rot in patio, no upgrades since 1990's) and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the hassle (and uncertainty) of selling on the open market. Zillow Offers gave me a decent price, after which they will deduct the cost of repairs after a walk through and take about 4% in selling fees. They also offer ul to a 90 day escrow and can close on any day you want. 

I'm curious how much they undercut the open market. In a hot market like LA is it better to just list it on the open market?

User Stats

Votes
Jay Elaine Slaydon
  • Interior Decorator
  • Charlotte
Votes |
  • Interior Decorator
  • Charlotte
Replied Jan 24 2021, 20:15

@Miho Y. Zillow is good and what I do is compliment Zillow with our digital marketing platform to get your website leads. Contact me y'all!!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Rob C.
  • Investor
  • Oceanside, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Oceanside, CA
Replied Aug 16 2021, 13:44
Originally posted by @Jay Elaine Slaydon:

@Miho Y. Zillow is good and what I do is compliment Zillow with our digital marketing platform to get your website leads. Contact me y'all!!

@Justin Fitzgerald - did you go any further with Zillow? I read from others here on BP in years past that their repair costs were unreasonable, but wonder if that’s changed recently. They gave me a great price on initial offer for one of my properties, and I’m tempted to pursue it 

User Stats

Votes
Kiran K.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Sep 26 2021, 21:14

@Rob C. Did you or anyone here has recent experience with selling to Zillow offers, opendoor or offerpad?