Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Karen Sanderson
  • Enola, PA
Votes |
Renters out... buyers in

Karen Sanderson
  • Enola, PA
Posted Oct 28 2017, 03:57

After a couple of months of discussion, we have decided to sell one of the rental properties. Lease is up in NOV. Notified the tenant that we would go to a month to month but are putting the house on the market now. Once the property is under contract, settlement would be set for 45 days and would serve as their 30 day notice to vacate. 

Go over to take pics (after i advised them we are coming and to please pick up a bit).... well... wife is crying... we are doing her dirty... she thought she could stay for at least 3 years... "this is my home"... "where is my family supposed to go"... boo hoo hoo.... House was NOT picked up... but we got the best pics we could and used some from when we renovated. 

I have lots of reasons I could evict them if I wanted to... dog that is not on the lease... at least 3 people not on the lease, rent paid late every month but one... 

All the while we are taking pics she is crying... son tells her .. Mom its not your house... its theirs and they don't give a f#@$%k about you. I explained that we would be showing the property.. and she is concerned that "all my stuff" will be online in the pics (nothing in that house over 500 dollars...I explained that the tenants generally are not home when showings occur and we would give her notice prior to a scheduled showing... "What do you mean people will be coming in my house when im not here??"

Boy this is going to be fun. First showing... she was there... no feedback bout whether or not she acted the fool or not or what kind of condition the house was in. I may need to have them leave before we put back on the market. 

I get a text from wife ... why am I putting empty boxes on her porch... she is really upset.. why would i do that... I reassured her that I did not place empty boxes on the porch and to ask her kids.

Now LATE rent is being picked up by me tomorrow (due date was OCT 11). She wants a copy of the lease. I asked her if she lost hers? and if she has a specific question... no response... 

Lord help me... cant wait to sell this one. 

Loading replies...