Wholesaling in Gaithersburg MD

3 Replies

Hey my name is Kenny Kamdoum and I am a beginner wholesaler. I have joined BP a while ago and I really fell in love with real estate. I wanted to make sure I have have a good understanding on what wholesaling is and how it works fo I went out and read a lot of book and bought a course from Clever Investor (idk if you guys know about it). I felt like I learned a lot from reading and that course to the point where is time to take action. If you can’t tell by the title, I am from Gaithersburg MD and I bought bandit signs to put up but I want you guys intel on whether I should put it up on my city or should I go and get familiar with Baltimore City and put up signs there. I’ve looked at the market and seen that you can get houses for really cheap in Baltimore but idk if price is really a big deal for Cash Buyers. In Gaithersburg, it’ll be hard to find deals that go for less that $100k and the average house here is about $250k. Let me know what you guys think.

@Kenny Kamdoum I believe the best place to invest is the area you know the best.  I assume that would be Gaithersburg for you. Although baltimrore is close enough you could learn it in time. 

One factor to consider is bigger deals often mean bigger profits. That would also tend to suggest Gaithersburg.

I started marketing in Gaithersburg and some in college park. Have gotten a couple responses but they weren’t good leads. Looking into expanding my market and putting up more signs in the following weeks.

@Kenny Kamdoum Is Gaithersburg a super hot market? Capital won't be an issue to good flippers/buy and hold investors. But if Gaithersburg is a real hot market, deals will be tougher to come by, especially when just stating out. Not to discourage you, just the truth. Personally, I'd stick with your town for a few months and if nothing else, learn the market really well and make connections.

Also, one tip I heard from a podcast, put bandit signs up around pawn shops. I've not done it, but the guest said she had a lot of success from doing that.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here