Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Zachary R.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Finding Original Hardwood Under Carpet! (Photos)

Zachary R.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Posted Jun 30 2019, 21:23

I am currently turning tenants in a 4br/2ba SFH in Arvada, CO and planned to have laminate flooring + new carpet installed on Wednesday. As I'm sure a lot of you have done, I opted to pull out the old stain riddled carpet on my own to save some money on the project. Tonight, to my surprise, I found original hardwood under the carpet and it's actually not in terrible shape.

My question is, am I wrong in thinking that this can be salvaged easily?  I already bought all of the supplied, scheduled both the carpet replacement for the bedrooms and laminate install for living room/hallways to be completed Wednesday with the goal of showing the house by Friday for the weekend.

Salvage or stick to the original plan?  I'm pretty handy on these types of projects, so would love to get the experience doing it on my own, but advice is much appreciated!  I don't know if I can pull off the project in time if I shift gears now, but I have another property that would really benefit from adding the laminate that I've already purchased.  Also - any advice as to how either of the options I've mentioned will impact refinance appraisal?

Also - the back/master bedroom will be carpet since it's the only spot in the house without hardwood underneath the carpet and in pretty rough shape.

Sorry ahead of time for the sideways photos, I am not sure why they turned out like that!

Thanks!

Loading replies...