• Rental Property Investor
  • Madison, WI
Votes |
Moving to / Investing in Bremerton, WA

Anjoli Elizabeth Rowe
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Madison, WI
Posted Jan 10 2021, 14:26

My husband and I temporarily relocating to Bremerton, WA (PCSing with the Navy, will be there 14-16 months) toward the end of 2021. I am trying to learn about the market there and get a jump on finding a good deal or two as early as possible.

We will need a new primary residence, which we would like to be a good enough deal that we can turn it into a long-term rental when we leave.

We would also like to find an investment opportunity for while living there, whether it's a separate property or on the same property. Obviously, a MF property would be ideal since we won't be there long-term and don't have a lot of stuff needs for our primary residence.

Note: My schedule is flexible and I can spend time out there working on a property long before our official relocation.

We are open to all possibilities, though BRRRRing looks like maybe the best bet. We've even looked into the modular (not manufactured homes, just modular) builds though.

Looking for all insights! Recommended online resources for investigating what areas are good/bad out there? Real estate agents who are fantastic with investors? Information on property appreciation over the past few years and expected appreciation over the next several years? Ideas on best approaches in our search with rental market in mind?

Thank you!!

Loading replies...