Handyman recommendation in DFW

2 Replies

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question - please let me know where I should post such questions.)

Hello BPers,

I am looking for recommendations on a trustworthy and reliable handyman to handle (hopefully) minor jobs in the DFW area (specifically FortWorth/Keller). The SFR I am renting out is new construction (built in 2013) so I don't expect to have any major problems that are not covered by warranty.

On a related note, are handymen generally licensed to do electrical and plumbing work? I need to get a ceiling fan installed at this SFR. Should I look for a handyman or an electrician?

Thanks!

Vinod,

Since it is a new construction you should not have any major work with the applicances that the builder gave you with the home. Your warranty should cover most of it and I don't think you are in the extended warranty period yet. However for a ceiling fan I would recommend using a licensed electrician, shouldn't be a major job if the wiring is already done for you and all you will need is a fan. I have had good luck looking for handymen or any other skilled and licensed labor on Angieslist.com. You can also look online to see if a person is licensed, if at any time he had his licensed revoked, cancelled etc on the state licensing dept website. Good luck

Deepak

Thanks Deepak!

I found an electrician through yelp who seems to have reasonable prices ($85 to install the fan - it is already wired and blocked for the fan). If anyone is interested, I'll post an update when the work is completed.

Vinod

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here