Votes
James Z.
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
Looking for good REI group or mentor-type in Washington DC

James Z.
  • Washington, D.C.
Posted Jun 4 2014, 11:56

Hi all - I am trying to acquire (or witness) some real world experience investing in Washington DC. Unfortunately, the man who turned my eyes to this business and was beginning to guide me recently passed away, and I am at a loss for where to turn next.

I am interested in finding a good REI group in the greater Washington DC area; one that requires little or no cost to attend the first few meetings/get-togethers.

And even more than this, I am seeking a benevolent knowledge-giver who is willing to impart their precious experiences to me; in exchange I will do whatever I can to be half as useful to them as learning from them would be to me. Whether that means scouting properties, doing investing "chores" such as research, or whatever else I can. I'm a rather tenacious and hard-working individual that just wants to apply myself to his business.

Ultimately, I just want to be inundated in the culture and have a good base of APPLIED knowledge (which cannot necessarily be gained from reading all these books) before I put my money where my mouth is.

Thank you for your time!

Loading replies...