Looking for Agents in Detroit

3 Replies

Hey there. I have been doing a lot of research involving Detroit and how it can be a great place to invest for buy and holds recently. The biggest thing I have learned with the area is that it is VERY important to get something in the right area. It seems like most prefer the suburbs a little further out from the city where crime is lower and investments are less risky.

Long story short I am looking for a real estate agent in the area. I live in Washington, DC, and plan on visiting Detroit soon to check the area out, but I have no prior experience with it. I need an agent who knows the area and has some experience with investors. If you have someone for me to get in contact with, please let me know!

Thanks!

MODERATOR: RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY IN THIS FORUM, PLEASE.

Hi Mike,

I got your message and replied using the email you provided.  There are lots of very good areas in the Detroit suburbs. You have to be very careful though. Having a good team on the ground to help guide you is invaluable.  Looking forward to speaking with you.

Hi Mike,

My name is Cierra I am a new investor but I will soon be a licensed agent in Michigan. I was born and raised in the city but I now live in the suburbs. Long story short I know the ins and outs of Detroit and the surrounding suburbs. Feel free to email me so we can talk more about exactly what you're looking for I would love to work with you.

Hi @Mike Sheppard  

Working with the right team and someone who has experience in the area will make all the difference in making a smart investing decision. Aside from the city, the surrounding Metro areas (Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne county) have been seeing nice improvements in inventory and sale prices as well.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.