Accountant/CPA Needed in Cincinnati

Accountant/CPA Needed in Cincinnati

Investor · Ft Mitchell, KY · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 0 votes

I thought that this topic may have been addressed somewhere here in the forums but I can't seem to find it. 

I'm looking for an accountant/CPA that doesn't find real estate dealings a foreign language. 

We have 9 properties purchased in 2014 that we need to make sure are treated correctly come tax time. 

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated in advance. 

Thanks. 

0Reply
11 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Miamisburg, OH · Member since 2014 · 161 posts · 64 votes
    12y

    @Eric S.   sent you a message.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 150 posts · 59 votes
    12y

    Hi @Eric S. I'm a CPA hoping to get into real estate investing soon, so I've done a lot of research and am pretty familiar with what goes on in real estate transactions.  That said, my work experience has mostly been in the audit/corporate accounting industry rather than the taxes, but am considering doing taxes on the side until investing in real estate starts to take up all of my free time.  I've probably done 50 or so personal returns, but not any business returns yet.

    So, I don't know if I'm what your looking for, but I'd definitely be interested in providing any help or assistance you might need, whether it is helping with your taxes or just general accounting advice.

  • Darrin CareyPro Member
    Lender · Dayton, OH · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 705 votes
    12y

    Two recommendations, Chuck Vonderhaar in Cincinnati, or John Hyre in Columbus. 

    Both are active real estate investors, and CPA/Accountants.

  • Jake HottenrottPro Member
    CPA · Belleville, IL · Member since 2014 · 255 posts · 269 votes
    12y

    Eric,

    Although I'm based in the St. Louis area, I have clients near and far who I communicate with via Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.  Some of these clients have been real estate developers, buy and hold investors, flippers, etc.  

    I'm a current real estate investor as well.  I focus mostly on buy and hold, but based on projected returns I will also do a flip if the situation is right.

    As far as your properties are concerned, I'd be interested in talking more to see how you are currently treating them and what the best treatment going forward would be.

    Thanks and best of luck!

    Jake

  • Gita FaustBusiness Member
    Accountant · Richboro - Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2008 · 901 posts · 246 votes
    12y
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Chicago Suburbs, IL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 594 votes
    11y

    Hi @Gita Faust 

    , who did you end up going with and how did it work out?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.