Linking up with other BP members if Possible

Linking up with other BP members if Possible

Richmond, IN · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello, My name is Carey Usher, 48 years old.  I live in Richmond Indiana.  I am currently looking into many abandoned properties that might have potential to become investments as buy and hold and/ or buy and sell for profits. I joined late last year on here. Was just learning all I could until my set back occurred.  I was stricken with BELLS PALSY. it has taken months for me to get mostly recovered from this.  As it effected my eye sight in a terrible way. not only the right eye , but also left eye was very light sensitive. I am back in the game of learning what I can and really could use all advice possible on things that helped to be successful in flipping and so forth.  And would really like to connect with anyone or all possible members who have experience. in flipping.  I look forward to link up with all possible connections here. 

Thank you all.   Carey Usher

0Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y

Welcome to BP.  Sounds like someone is infatuated with Robert Kiyosaki. 

However well meaning the advise, I wouldn't get too attached to any one person's investing philosophy. 

You health is your wealth. Suggest you don't reveal the specifics of either online. Trust me on this for now.

Learn everything you can. Become a sponge. Many will be interested in your wallet. Some will want to charge you big money. Keep your credit cards in your wallet and leave that at home when you to go to events. You are entering a new world and don't need to invest much money in education yet. Mostly, invest time in studying and watching and listening. 

There are many different ways to make money related to real estate, both in the business of real estate, lending and investing in property, notes, etc.  

Learn the foundations, this is, the basic principles that make real estate a great investment. Learn about the transfer and lending documents, sales documentation, deal structuring, everything that you can. 

Ignore the voice in your head that says, "I can't do this because..."

And listen to the small voice that says, 'Yeah, I can do this. I just need to learn more about...'

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 557 votes
    12y

    Welcome @Carey Usher !

    - it's always good to see another Hoosier utilizing this great site!

    Of course, you need to read The Ultimate Beginners Guide to REI here on BP

    If you haven’t already, please read/listen to these books ASAP!

    Rich Dad Poor Dad

    Rich Dads Cash Flow Quadrant

    Rich Dads Increase your financial IQ

    The Real Book of Real Estate

    The ABC’s of RE Investing

    The ABC’s of PM

    Rich Dad RE Tax Advantages

    The E-Myth

    The 4 Hour Work Week

    http://flip2freedomacademy.com - free e-book

    Flip2freedom episode 77[http://www.flip2freedom.com/a-3-step-formula-to-a-successful-balanced-and-insanely-profitable-2012/] - podcast - LISTEN TO THIS TODAY!

    BiggerPocketsPodCast

    Wholesaling101 You Tube Channel

    Kent Clothier – You Tube Memphis Invest channel

  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP.  Sounds like someone is infatuated with Robert Kiyosaki. 

    However well meaning the advise, I wouldn't get too attached to any one person's investing philosophy. 

    You health is your wealth. Suggest you don't reveal the specifics of either online. Trust me on this for now.

    Learn everything you can. Become a sponge. Many will be interested in your wallet. Some will want to charge you big money. Keep your credit cards in your wallet and leave that at home when you to go to events. You are entering a new world and don't need to invest much money in education yet. Mostly, invest time in studying and watching and listening. 

    There are many different ways to make money related to real estate, both in the business of real estate, lending and investing in property, notes, etc.  

    Learn the foundations, this is, the basic principles that make real estate a great investment. Learn about the transfer and lending documents, sales documentation, deal structuring, everything that you can. 

    Ignore the voice in your head that says, "I can't do this because..."

    And listen to the small voice that says, 'Yeah, I can do this. I just need to learn more about...'

  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 969 posts · 524 votes
    12y

    @Carey Usher 

    Welcome to BP!!

  • Richmond, IN · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thank you Derrick Craig....look forward to getting more involved on here...

    Carey Usher

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.