Cincinnati REIA

4 Replies

After reading and hearing good things about the local Cincinnati REIA I have decided to go to their next meeting after the holidays on January 15th. This will be my first REIA meeting I've ever attended and I can't wait to start meeting some other local investors in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area. Hopefully some of you local BPer's will be there as well! Any recommendations to better prepare myself and make a great first impression?

@Cameron Berens  

Cincinnati has a great REIA meeting.

Say "Hi". Almost everyone is friendly.

You can ask the people at the registration desk who to talk to if you have a specific topic in mind.

Bring business cards if you have them, but don't force them on people.

There is a networking meeting after the meeting. Lots of good conversation there.

Ping me a couple days before the meeting and I'll let you know if I'll be there. If I am, I'll show you around and introduce you to some people.

Most of all, have FUN.

Hey Cameron. I went to my first REIA meeting in November, and it was really good. I don't know if it was just the type of meeting that was held that week, or if it is always that good, but it was a great opportunity to meet other investors in the area and learn from their experiences. I just went as a guest, but I'm planning on becoming a member in 2015 and attending more often. I don't know if I'll be there on the 15th. One of the things that I was most surprised with was the diversity of the members that were there. It seemed like all ages, experience levels, races, and socioeconomic statuses were represented, which allows for a great learning atmosphere because there are ideas from all different perspectives.

@Darrin Carey   Thanks for the advice. I plan on trying to meet as many people as possible this meeting. I'll be sure to ping you once the meeting gets closer to see if you'll be coming.

@Coleman Nelson  Thanks for the response. Hopefully I'll see you at a meeting as well.

I attended the Cincinnati REIA for several months. Darrin is right, this is a great bunch of folks. I've made some fantastic connections!!

Emma

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here