Marketing your website and inventory

7 Replies

Other than the obvious, what are the best ways to build your network and drive more people to your website?  Let's face it, if people do not know who or where you are how are they going to know what you have to offer them.

Thanks in advance, Jim

I'm sorry I do not know what SEO is. I will check out the links as well.

Thanks, Jim

You could always upgrade your biggerpockets membership so that you can display your website in your signature.  Then go post crazy on the forums!

Enjoy your free advertising Josh!

I'm still trying to figure out SEO myself, but keywords, anchor text, and content seem to be key. Start a blog on your website, get biggerpockets pro and stay active on the forums, and getting help along the way is always great! 

I use investor carrot and it's worked well in my market. I went with it because I didn't want to have to worry about all the SEO stuff in the creation of the website. It's actually Scott's website struggling investor that tipped me off to it.

Michael,

Thanks for the tips. I will check that site out as well.

Jim

Thanks for the plug of my Podcast episode @Walter Pape !   SEO is a great way to get more eyes on your websites and pull in some great leads organically.  Organic means any site visitor that finds your site strictly by doing web searches and clicks on a search result link.  This does not include the Advertisment section of the search results.  Those are Adwords related and are referred as "paid traffic".

Adwords, or paid traffic, is another great way to get people to you sites.  This basically is paying for click throughs to your site.  It works really well, you just need to be sure to keep testing which keywords work best and keep them really targeted.  Get to broad and you will spend a TON of money.  

Getting back to SEO... if you choose to go this route, you don't have to have everything in place before your site goes live.  You can slowly build up your SEO power over time.  This is my approach.  While it has taken me about 9 to 12 months to get to the first page of google (which is a must to really see traffic), it will also take me probably another 12 months to get to the top spot for a keyword like We Buy Houses NJ.  

Just remember there are 100's of different keywords you can target that are much easier then We Buy Houses <your state>.  Ranking well for a bunch of low search keywords really adds up.  Plus it's much easier to rank for them because the competition is much less.

Happy Website Building!! 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.