• Walnut Creek, CA
Votes |
Searching for multifamily in bay area/northern California

Rizalene Acosta
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Posted Jan 14 2015, 17:04

Hello!

Newbie here, just getting in on all the action! The husband and I are seeking out our first 2-4 unit that we will be occupying. We are currently in San Jose but have lived in Vallejo and San Francisco and I work in Oakland. I've been reading up on the blogs, reading some amazing books, and listening to relevant podcasts but realized I should reach out to get some valuable input from you fine folks! 

We are trying to narrow down the location since we are trying to stay under 500k and know this will be a challenge. We aren't afraid to put a lot of elbow grease into the property, I'd say we're beginner/intermediate in that department (but dedicated to the cause!) but no major overhauls (don't want to get divorced jk). I love Vallejo's location and my husband is from there but it can be seedy. West Oakland and Piedmont would be ideal if we could find something within our price point. We are also considering cities like Livermore but already seems on the up and up. Would also be interested in your opinions about small sleepy towns like Crockett, Suisun City, and Martinez for multifamilies. Looking to be within a 1.5 hour drive from Oakland for work. I know we're kind of all over the place but if you have any suggestions I would love to hear it and thank you so much for reading! 

Loading replies...