Votes
David Britton
  • Roanoke, TX
Votes |
Newbie w Equity- DFW texas

David Britton
  • Roanoke, TX
Posted Jan 17 2015, 09:01
this is my first post so forgive me if its lengthy. My wife and I bought our first home 3 yrs ago and after making repairs and upgrades, along w the market working in our favor recently, we believe we have approx. 50-80k in equity in our house. We recently decided we'd like to start investing in real estate with hopes that over the next 10 years or so, we will possibly be able to make a living doing this full time. We are very new, and very green, but willing to work hard to achieve this. And we'd really like to be able to provide and example to our four kids that you don't have to be born into wealth to create it on your own. Here are a few questions we have: Should we consider flipping or renting for our first deal? (I realize that this really comes down to our preference but I'm looking for some of your personal opinions) Would it make sense to use the equity in my home to help cover expenses? What resources should we make sure we read or watch before attempting our first deal? Should we consider proposing some form Of a split with a more seasoned investor that would be able to walk us through our first deal? What other questions should I be asking?! I don't know what I don't know ????

Loading replies...