Looking for Investor Savvy Accountant - Orange County CA

5 Replies

Hi All,

I'm a beginning investor and need a good accountant to handle everything from LLC structure to tax preparation to SDIRA. Can anyone recommend someone they personally use in the Orange County CA area?

Thanks!

Hi Rose,

As for an accountant do not feel like you need to use someone local. Many of us accountants have clients worldwide. Payroll, bookkeeping, etc can mostly be done remotely.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions.

@Rose C   Welcome to BP.  We are having our monthly meet-up tomorrow night in Lake Forest.  I am sure that someone in the group can answer your question in person and you can meet some other investors as well.  Let me know if you want the location as I can PM you that information.

@Amanda Han  

keystonecpa.com

She has been great to work with and frequently blogs/posts on this site.

Scott Williams

Thank you for the tips Steven,  I will check out the  questions to ask link you provided.  I'm actually looking for a few referrals.

Jon, yes I would like the info on your meet-up.  Unfortunately I didn't see your response until after your meeting took place.

Scott, I've seen Amanda's posts here on BP and actually get her company newsletters.  I'm sure she's great, but I tried to connect with her over a year ago  and couldn't get  through the "gatekeeper".  They insisted on an "intake apt" before letting me talk with her.  I prefer a smaller company.  Is she still with Robert Hall?  I thought I read somewhere not too long ago that she is in OC.

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by @Rose C :

Scott, I've seen Amanda's posts here on BP and actually get her company newsletters.  I'm sure she's great, but I tried to connect with her over a year ago  and couldn't get  through the "gatekeeper".  They insisted on an "intake apt" before letting me talk with her.  I prefer a smaller company.  Is she still with Robert Hall?  I thought I read somewhere not too long ago that she is in OC.

Thanks guys.

I've never had a problem getting in touch w/ @Amanda Han  , if you aren't able to reach her, send me a PM and I can put you in touch.  I'm sure they are extra busy this time of year, but Keystone has always been responsive to my needs.  Robert Hall sounds familiar, but I don't believe I have ever done business with him.  I have only been with Amanda for the last couple of years, perhaps Robert Hall was before my time.

I have worked with an out of state CPA in the past (John Hyre) and was very happy with him, but, everything else being equal, I prefer to use someone local.  I want to be able to sit down face-to-face if need be.  The other advantage to a local CPA that I hadn't appreciated previously, was the local referrals I have gotten (health insurance providers, other local investors, etc.)  Good luck with your search!

Scott Williams

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.