Can someone point me in the right direction?

11 Replies

Hey folks! Im 24 and looking for someone to help point me in the right direction. Im new to San Antonio, Tx and dont really now who to trust and what not. 

I am interested in purchasing an owner-occupied  multi-family investment (1,2 or 3 unit). I will be putting 25% down. I am also pretty open if it will be move-in ready or a foreclosure. 

Looking for some advice form someone who has done this before. And how can i get access to the MLS.

Thank you for your time and sorry for sounding like such a newbie!

Possibly recommend a good honest agent that can assist me in finding good deals? Assuming that would be a good start. I live in the Castle Hills area (78216). Any advice would help, thanks!

Good for you Anthony! I'm not involved in the San Antonio market, so this is just a post of encouragement. I made a similar first-investment move last year by using FHA to buy a triplex (only 3.5% down). Also great to meet another "young" person dipping their toe into real estate investment (I'm 26). Feel free to message me if you have other questions about RE, etc.; I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can. Good luck!

Check your inbox!

Hey Anthony,

I live in San Antonio. I can definitely send you a referral or two for some great agents I've worked with in the past.

C

Thank you Chase!

Can they email me listings off the MLS? How much experience do they have?

look at realtor.com or trulia or another to find mls properties.

Originally posted by @Anthony Frangieh:

Possibly recommend a good honest agent that can assist me in finding good deals? Assuming that would be a good start. I live in the Castle Hills area (78216). Any advice would help, thanks!

There are no honest agents.

just kidding, but if you have the money, any agent will be glad to help you. If you don't have the money, then don't bother the agents.

Ok, thank you Arlan. I wasnt sure if the MLS had more to choose from

I am willing to put down a generous chunk. I just know how commission based workers can leave out some facts. 

Actually, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if an agent is representing you, I believe they're obligated to act in your best interests. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.