• Rental Property Investor
  • Westminster, CO
Votes |
Teach me about the Colorado Springs Market

Jamie Greenberg
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Westminster, CO
Posted Feb 9 2015, 09:13

Hi everyone.  My wife and I are considering a move for our primary residence from San Diego, and are looking at the various Colorado markets.  I know this is an investor forum, but I'd like to treat our personal home purchase as much like an investment as possible.  We're looking at the whole I-25 Corridor, but I wanted to ask specifically about Colorado Springs, as the prices there seem a bit lower than further north.  After we sell our San Diego home we should have quite a bit of cash on hand and we'd be looking at a max budget of $300K after purchase and any renovations, but it would be great if we could spend much closer to $200K.  We're not looking for a huge home (1200-1600 square feet is plenty) but a decent sized yard would be a plus.  We COULD pay cash for the home if that makes a great deal possible...but ideally would prefer to get a mortgage and invest the rest of the money (in other real estate, stocks, etc.).  

We'll be in Colorado Springs for a few days mid-march (before heading further north to check out the areas around Denver/Boulder/etc.) so I want to make sure we tour all the potentially interesting areas.  Any recommendations?  What should I know about the market in this area?  Is crime really as big a concern as some other forum posts make it sound?  Just trying to get the lay of the land so we can make the most of our few days in town.  

Loading replies...