Longview Wa

9 Replies

Looking into investind long distant in Longview? How is the area around Lower Columbia college . Do alot of out out of town kids rent in the area ?? How safe is the area? Would you rent there?? 

There are so many properties there to invest!

@Mehran Kamari Thanks.... thats funny seeing your name ? Just got done listening to Podcast 73 . Might have to contact you later for advise regarding this property i found online THANKS

Leo, I invest and live in Longview, WA.  We went through Oahu and the big island this summer, can see why you are looking to invest elsewhere!

I would venture that most Lower Columbia College students either live at home or are adults going back to school.  We rented to brothers who attended there, but they couldn't keep a roommate and had to give up our unit.

LLC is working to be a 4 year college, but isn't there yet. Longview itself doesn't have growth potential, we are a bit of gluttons for punishment to live or invest here.

As far as safety, the college butts up against a nice neighborhood, but also against a park where homeless people sleep.  I would not go very far on foot in the dark, feel safe in the daylight.  I might rent there, but the area is very variable, so I'd be pretty choosy.  Mostly older and even historic buildings, imagine it is high maintenance cost.

Hope this helps.

Thanks @Michele Fischer  !!! My son might be attending LCC in athletic scholarship, and since we are going to be there ... Why not ?!?!? There are a few multi , duplexes and apts that look good ?? Gonna have to call an agent out there or the listing agents ?  Know any body that can inspect the properties for my out there ??? Thanks again !!!

I wondered how you came up with Longview of all the places.  So you are looking to purchase or rent?  MY answer to your other questions depends on that.  Try to get close to Lake Sacajawea and/or Vandercook Park, and far from Safeway on 15th or Winco/Panda Express.

@Michele Fischer  I was thinking about purchasing. Looking at a multi unit right next to LCC . The idea is to make some cash flow to off set some of the college costs , want to contact listening agent but , the kid is still getting offers from other schools 

When you get closer, you can send me an address.  I can recommend a great inspector, as can the real estate agents.  Does the property pencil out, revenue and expenses?

@Michele Fischer um this would be my first investment, so I'm gonna have to do more research. I think I'll be contacting listing agent to see if the units are rented and at what prices? I also need to learn about cap rate , NOI all that stuff, and even if he doesn't go to LCC I think I like it anyways? Check it out on zillow it's on maple , 7unit for like $390,000

Thanks again 

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide