How do I differentiate between a solid REI seminar and one that just wants to sell me stuff?

How do I differentiate between a solid REI seminar and one that just wants to sell me stuff?

Real Estate Investor · Brockton, MA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 2 votes

Just as the title says. I feel like many real estate investment clubs hold events where they just want me to show up and market products to me hoping that I will buy in. How do I differentiate a beneficial seminar from one that just wants to me to buy?

0Reply
3 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Milton, VT · Member since 2015 · 81 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    Go anyway. All seminars are beneficial to some degree and you can usually glean something new you didn't know before. You don't have to buy their product. The REAL value in attending REIA meetings is the networking opportunities. Any REIA meetings I have attended will always have an opportunity before and/or after the seminar to network. Bring some business cards and build some relationships with the other people.

  • Real Estate Investor · Brockton, MA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Anthony Micklus Good to know. Thanks you.

  • Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Account Closed 

    Those who hold seminars have the sole purpose of selling you something. Not that it's a bad thing, it's how they stay in business. The presenters are not spending money to rent a room and equipment and buy refreshments for attendees to make friends...they want to sell product or services.

    As   @Anthony Micklus  said, go to the seminar to pick up a tidbit or two that may be beneficial...just leave your checkbook and credit cards at home.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.