Architects & Structural Engineers SF Bay Area

6 Replies

Hi Experts,
I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone can point me to an architect and structural engineer in the Bay Area.
My plans are to renovate a house in Hayward and build an extension. We need plans to be drafted before applying for permits.
Any referrals would be great !!

Hi Ankur,

I am currently working with an Architect who got referred to me by a friend of mine. PM me and I can share the details.

Hey! 

What sort of architect are you looking for? Low, Med, or High End Pricing? Fancy architecture? or just standard remodel. There's tons of great architects in SF, you just have to know what price you want to pay, haha. 

How much does a full plan go for now a days? I have a cheap unlicensed arch on payroll, I use her as just for drafting and have another arch review and stamp them. ha.

@Manolo D.   If they're not licensed they're not an architect and if the architect stamping the drawings isn't directly responsible for the drawings then they are in violation of licensing laws and could lose their license and could be permanently banned from practicing.

@Ankur S.   Try going to www.aia.org to both find an architect in your area and to review documents which include what questions to ask them when you interview them. 

Think of the difference between hiring a drafter and an architect similar to the difference between hiring a licensed and bonded contractor and some random handyman guy off Craigslist. There are good ones out there but you never know if that's the one your getting and paying for.

Originally posted by @Caroline Hedin :

@Manolo D.  If they're not licensed they're not an architect and if the architect stamping the drawings isn't directly responsible for the drawings then they are in violation of licensing laws and could lose their license and could be permanently banned from practicing.

Like I said, my architect is not licensed in California, she is an architect from a previous job, so her capability will only be as drafter, I don't think CA laws require a drafter to be an architect. Of course, it will be the licensed architect's cargo as to reviewing the drawings we submitted, the system is, we draft them for the architect, and it will be his/her responsibility after that. Its like an advanced drawing. I use this system as just cost reduction, instead of paying an architect rate for drafting, which I know they are just going to assign to a non architect for drafting and initial design.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here